The loss of a loved one is a traumatic event. Making financial and legal decisions while grieving is extremely difficult and stressful. We make the process of probate and trust administration as easy and pain free as possible.
Our firm works with executors, trustees, personal representatives, and other fiduciaries in all aspects of estate administration. We are committed to the delivery of probate and trust administration services with a sensitivity to the special concerns of our clients.
Services Needed By Trustees or Beneficiaries:
- Advice regarding the terms of the Will and Trust
- Advice regarding the trustee’s duties to inform the beneficiaries
- Preparation of notices and forms required by law to be sent by the Trustee to all beneficiaries or heirs at law
- Advice about the laws related to the investments allowed in a Trust
- Understanding the rules regarding selling assets, paying taxes andwhen you can make distributions to some or all of the beneficiaries
- Income tax planning for the estate
- Preparation and filing of all necessary Probate Court filings
- Representation of clients in all Probate and Tax Court proceedings
- Postmortem planning, including effective use of tax elections and disclaimers
- Postmortem planning for non-U.S. citizen spouses
- Review of all federal and estate tax returns
- Review of all federal and state fiduciary income tax returns
- Handling disputes among beneficiaries or between beneficiaries and the executor or trustee to avoid Trust or Probate Litigation
We will work with your successor to complete the process as quickly as possible, while minimizing family disharmony.