Unfortunately, drunk drivers are a constant problem on public roads. In California, per year there are approximately 1,800 incidents of drunk driving (or drugged driving) related traffic incidents.
Overwhelmingly, males represent the average drunk driver (77.6%). There is no good excuse for drunk driving and endangering the lives of others. The criminal as well as civil penalties for such offenses can be steep though not as steep or unforgiving as the injuries inflicted on the victims of drunk driving crashes.
If you or someone you love have been injured or killed in a drunk driver accident, you may have certain rights to compensation or to recover monetarily for property damage, injuries, medical bills, and even punitive damages.
In drunk driving cases, insurance companies tend to (though not always) try to reach a quick settlement in order to avoid responsibility for future medical expenses, lost wages and damages which will likely develop as a result of the person’s injuries. So, the insurance company may offer the incentive of an initial large settlement. In general, the victim of drunk driving accidents should wait at least 1-2 months, sometimes more depending on the severity of the case, before assessing total damages that may be received to due extensive treatments after the accident.
Your attorneys should be skilled with expert testimony, how the deputy’s office conducted the investigation, and how to deal with key contacts at major insurance companies. The difference between a reputable lawyer and an unknown one can be significant in these types of cases.
How We Can Help
From the moment you hire us, we are dedicated to your well-being and success:
- We deal with the auto insurance companies.
- We help you understand any medical bills related to you or loved ones
- We gather evidence to prove your case, hiring industry experts when necessary.
- We treat you like a person, not a claim number. We know your health and your accident are the most important things in your life right now, and we understand you may be under a lot of stress.
- We answer your car accident questions in everyday words and avoid overly complicated legal terminology.
- We update you regularly on the progress of your case.
- We listen to your concerns. You have the right to settle your case at any time. Our job is to make sure you know your legal options.
There’s never a fee unless we get money for you. All of our injury cases are based on a contingency fee.